Monday, July 12, 2010

Finding the Balkan taste in Prague



Let's stay with our Balkan theme this week, but move on to the happier side of life: FOOD! This weekend I met up with an old friend who has just arrived back from a trip to Belgrade, Serbia. He heard there was a new Balkan restaurant open in his neck of town so we decided to test it out.

The name is Restaurant Boem and it is situated on the ground floor and in the courtyard of Hotel Lublanka on Lublaňská, near metro I.P. Pavlova. The space is quiet and simple. The restaurants choice of music made it sound more like a disco then the Balkans, but that just meant we had to keep the conversation flowing to drown out the lame beats.

I ordered the chicken stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes and cheese. R. had the Pleskavica, which is a patty of fried ground beef stuffed with cheese and served on a bed of vegetables. A side of rosemary potatoes came with each meal. The average meal price was between 120-220kc, each of our meals were in the 165kc range.

When I'm in the I.P. Pavolova area around lunch I will remember this little oasis of the south. I will be ordering the Pleskavica next time around, it made me remember my travels in Croatia.

http://www.restaurace-menu.cz/restaurace?id=657

(photos courtesy of the above mentioned website)

No comments: