Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Friends

There is something mysterious and lovely about friendship. It is part of us and yet beyond us. It finds us when we aren't looking and eludes when we do. It is beautiful and painful and generous and overwhelmingly humble.In the past few weeks I've had the pleasure to savor nearly all of my favorite friendships.

I've been traveling with H, who is the friend who gets to see me in my best of moments and worst of moments. It is such a rarity to spend 24/7 together, I'm basking in the ability. I love sitting next to him in a car, knowing there is an open road in front of us full of adventure.



My mom came to Niagara Falls to spend a little
quality time w
ith us. She might be my mom, but she's also an amazing friend. She drives across states, goes across continents and puts herself at any lengths of inconvenience to be with me. I adore that woman.



There are friendships that come to us. We ask for them, we need them and they come. This is my Nan and my Kate. These girls and I have clocked some mileage over the years. We come and we go and we love and we share. I couldn't be me without them. The affirm me and
challenge me. I know that with these people in the world, it is an infinitely better place to be.

No comments: