Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The End of the Road


I'm sitting in Jamaica, NY, listening to the traffic go by. A few horns toot, sirens go by now and again and I sit listening. What I'm really listening to is the end of our trip. A few legs of the journey are missing from this blog, but I promise a faithful and full depiction when I'm back with my own computer and internet.

Until then, some thoughts:
-New York City is grand. It took three times of visiting the Big A
pple to get there, but I've definitely fallen under her spell.
-Niagara Falls has "wow" power.
-Children don't care if you take them to the moon, as long as the hotel there has a swimming pool.
-Traveling in the spring means frequent stops for tissues and allergy medicines. Oh, and bring the bug spray.
-The greatest last minute road trip helper you nee
d is the Room Saver magazine. Pick it up at any roadside rest area. It'll save you cash on last minute hotels and get you to visit cute little place you'd never have expected, ie Danville, PA. (www.roomsaver.com)
-Whenever the tr
aveling becomes too much and the pressure is building, feed people. We've found a
little food, drink and rest go a long way to healing conflict.
-On a road trip one should stop often and enjoy the quirky.







No comments: