Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My New Favorite Haunt


France. I've only been there once in flesh, but a million times in spirit. One of my all time favorite films is Sabrina. I love both the original with Audrey Hepburn and the remake starring Julia Ormond. The image of a young American girl sitting in a French cafe with a café au lait on her table next to an open journal in which were scribbled her deepest thoughts. Aww, this was my dream. It would be me one day...


And that is why I love Milleme so much. In this little French cafe set on Náměstí Jiřího z Poděbrad (George from Podebrad Square) I can be that American girl with a journal and a milky coffee in far off country dreaming dreams.


The facade is a fresh deep red that puts me in the mind of lavender fields and sunshine. The interior is bright and open. The pastries, quiche, fresh fruit and sinful cakes are displayed in super modern stainless steel and glass enclosures. The tables are large and beg for a journal or newspaper to be spread on top. French music spills softly into the room.


And the food...!! I've had the quiche. Several times. Every time it was a lovely perfection of egg, cheese, flaky crust. There are several filling choices, but I always go back to the leek. I also had the omelet. Simple, with just egg, onion and olives. No cheese, but the flavor was so fresh that cheese wasn't needed. The inside was still a bit soft, to give it the perfect texture. And the coffee is happiness in a cup....


Save the money you'd spend buying a plane ticket and go stock up on croissants and quiche in Prague 3.

MILLEME, s.r.o.

nám. Jiřího z Poděbrad 1407/4

120 00 Praha-Vinohrady

T: +420 223 002 274




Pondělí - Neděle/Monday-Sunday 8:00 – 21:00

No comments: