Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy 2010!

It has been over a month since I last wrote. It was an exciting, loving, moving, eating, celebrating month.

-I went home! I went to spend three weeks in Zanesville, Ohio. It was great to reconnect with the people I love. Christmas was wonderful, as I have three new little siblings under the age of six. Watching them enjoy the holiday was the best gift.

-I was ill. I had a cold which developed into laryngitis. I couldn't talk for five days! It was a lesson in patience and humility.

-My list of New Year Resolutions is nowhere as impressive as last year. I'm going to continue with last year's (run a 5k charity race, call my best friend once a month, read...) but really my two for 2010 are:

1) Try at least one new restaurant in Prague every month. Considering the great lunch menu deals that most restaurants have during the week, I'm doing my taste buds an injustice by not letting them experience new cuisine.

2) Take at least two cooking classes/sessions. I've found a couple cooking schools that offer a one off course in different international dishes. The most interesting so far is Chef Parade (http://www.chefparade.cz/en/about-us/). I'll let you know how it goes!

So, basically, I want to eat my way through 2010.

-It snowed 30cm here in Prague. Beautiful on the weekend. Incredible inconvenience for workdays.

That's the last month in a nutshell. Expect more blogging from me soon!

No comments: