Monday, September 12, 2011

Run, Tasci, Run

Running may not be for everyone but it is for me. I like the quiet and peace of being alone in nature, just me and sky and grass. I'm not hardcore but I try to get out for a jog about 3 times a week.

A few years ago I decided that once I turned 30 I'd make an effort to run an organized race at least once a year until I hit 60. It's a good goal to keep me in permanent semi-shape for the coming years.

I did a fun run for charity 2 years ago and loved it. The atmosphere was electric. Thousands of people lined the streets of this city that I adore so much and made me feel like a champion. It was a high. And I was hooked.

Last year I was out of town during the annual Women's 5K in September but I was sure to train just the same. This year I hit the road again. All the training paid off and I had one of the best runs of this season. I felt great the whole run and the finish was strong. I had wanted to finish with a better time (I'd like to shave off about 5 minutes for the next 5K) but overall I was very satisfied.

The girls and I are already planning a half marathon relay race for next spring. I won't be hanging up my running shoes any time soon!

No comments: