Sunday, November 23, 2008

First Snow

Living in the most beautiful city in the world doesn't always mean spending any meaningful time in that city. But when the first snow coats everything in a romantic blanket of whiteness, there's only one choice.

Today I spent several lovely cold hours walking through my city and indulging myself in the first snow of this winter. It was the perfect cold. My nose was rosy and my toes were chilly, but it was a crisp cold not a biting cold.


I love the smells in the air on a day like this. There was a fireplace somewhere burning savoury wood, sausage stands on the street were frying up fat snacks for tourists, and hot wine bubbled away waiting to warm up the weary body.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love Prague with a light covering of snow. So beautiful!