Saturday, October 25, 2008

Road Trip 08: The End


Day 11-18 of our road trip got lost in my writing with our progression west. We had less access to the internet and much more activity so my blog suffered. But here are the highlights:

The Finger Lake District of New York

Wow! I had no idea this place existed. If you are looking for beauty, relaxation and wine then this is a little bit of heaven on earth. With scores of wineries offering free samples and deep blue lakes streching for miles, you'll be nothing but happy.


Niagara Falls

We've all heard of the Falls, we've seen the photos..but if you haven't experienced it for yourself then make it your next holiday plan. The magnitude of nature will leave you in wonder. (And hopefully encourage you to work to perserve our nature through reducing waste, campaigning for our earth and recycling.)


Zanesville, Ohio

It may not be on the list of most interesting destinations, but it's my hometown and I appreciate her a little more each time I'm home. H and I went to a Zanesville High School football game. It was H's first high school football game and my first game since I graduated 10 years ago!


Gettysburg, PA

It's 150 years on from the Civil War, but the impact of war still resonates throughout American culture. The Gettysburg Battle is well known because of Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, but I had never understood what this battle encompassed until I stood looking of the vast vast land that the battle was fought on. This wasn't about a hundred men against a hundred men, this was about thousands of men fighting hand to hand with thousands of men.

The museum was very well curated, taking the visitor day by day through the battle with small video clips, interactive screens and artifacts.

No comments: